Position Available: Electronic Product Development Engineer - Jackson, Michigan
· Support the development of automotive embedded electronic control units for coolant valves and electric pumps hardware and software.
· Support analog and digital circuit design through analysis and simulation.
· Support EMC design and PCB layout.
· Develop EMC test plans and troubleshooting anomalies.
· Support hardware in-the-loop testing, prototype testing, and creating EOL tester specifications.
· Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translates these into software and hardware designs.
· Following development through production.
· Work with customer engineers to negotiate some product requirements, ensuring that program goals are met, schedules are maintained, and any issues encountered during the development process are resolved.
· Work with internal team members and design engineers.
· Experience working with vehicle electrical systems, CAN and LIN communications and architectures.
· Work knowledge of software development processes.
· Ability to read schematics and debug analog and digital hardware.
· Working knowledge of software development tools (debugger’s, emulators, compilers, etc).
· Engineer will be responsible for create and maintain the DFMEA.
· Engineer will be responsible for performing component level validation testing per DVP&R, generating reports, and documenting/tracking issues.
· Validate diagnostics and network management on system benches.
· Good understanding of microprocessor based electronics and electronic circuits.
· Experience creating and implementing test sequences to validate electronic control modules.
· Perform root cause analysis.
· Support OEM development stage events based on product development timing.
· Support electrical product design and development and OEM automotive subsystems.
Some knowledge in these areas is desired:
· Electric motors (BLDC and SRM)
· Solenoid valves
· Proportional valves
· Automotive pumps
· Infineon and ST microcontroller
• Self-motivated with high performance skills and ability to work in engineering teams.
• Ability to work independent with minimum supervision.
• Strong results orientation.
• Outstanding leadership and organization skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to analyze under pressure.
• Hands on involvement.
Required BSEE (Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering)
5+ years in automotive as either an OEM or with a Tier 1 supplier
Please Submit Resume to: