Participates in part/tooling/gage/process/machine design, job quoting, and research and development by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicates on a regular basis with Engineering Manager
- Follows directives from Engineering Manager
- Confers with relevant personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develop designs
- Confers with tool room and other engineering personnel and prepares design modifications as required
- Provides pertinent information for quoting process (determines equipment/ tooling/raw materials/component costs, processes and rates)
- Analyzes product or equipment specifications and requirements to determine designs which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods
- Determines feasibility of die, gage, and other tooling/machine designs considering costs, available machine, capacity limitations, and other technical and economic factors
- Provides technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which affect product and process engineering
- Prepares, reviews, controls and distributes detailed die, gage, tooling layouts, gage calibration prints, drawings, and schematics
- Performs research and development projects
- Utilizes CMM machine to layout parts and to verify/calibrate gages
- Participates in APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning). Provide additional information and completion of documentation throughout APQP process
- Participates in PPAP (Production Part Approval Process)
- Communicates with customers and suppliers by phone, email and in person to discuss current and alternate part designs, materials, and project specifications
- Communicates with suppliers regarding the requisition of supplies, components, tooling, equipment, etc. Also helps manage the delivery timing of the above listed items
- Must have Lean Manufacturing knowledge, and/or ability to learn, comprehend and apply requirements
- Required to design with solid modeling software, and to download and translate files to and from customers and suppliers
- Actively participates in Five S activities. 5S, a system of continual improvement – visual order, organization, cleanliness & standardization
- Participates in employee training programs and other company meetings as required
- May be expected to participate on the Emergency Response Team, Safety Committee, Environmental Management Team or other groups to assist in the continual improvement of the company
- Knowledgeable of and supports Human Resource, Quality and Safety/Environmental policies & practices. Strives for continuous improvement in their area of expertise and job function that results in better cost, quality, or functionality of the products we deliver to our customers
- Promote good employee relations and high morale
- Demonstrate teamwork and respect by working constructively with co-workers to achieve the best results possible
- All other duties assigned by the supervisor or department manager
- Occasional supervisory responsibilities, based on project
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- One (1) to Two (2) years’ of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Strong Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to use standard operating systems in accordance with company policy.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Work in a manufacturing environment
- Exposure to heat, loud noise, dust, odors, dirt/dust and fumes
- Frequently stand, walk, push, pull, reach, and grasp
- Frequently lift and lower up to 50 pounds. Assistance is required when lifting over 50 pounds
- Frequently carry up to 50 pounds. Assistance is required when lifting over 50 pounds
For Warehouse/ Shop Floor Positions – Please visit: https://www.xcelstaffing.com/
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job, with or without reasonable accommodation. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or working conditions. Employees are expected to maintain regular and consistent attendance and comply with the company’s policies and procedures as a condition of employment.
Interested in one of our open positons? Use the application below to apply online.
Note: Resumes submitted are valid for 6 months, If you are still interested in a position after 6 months, please resubmit your resume using the form below. Thank you.